If you have questions about ammunition, please contact us prior to course
Inquire upon sign up for availability
You can rent Ear Protection at the range if you do not own any or forget to bring them
For range safety, brimmed caps and collared shirts are required. No high heels, or low cut tops.
• 1: A) Determine if you qualify for a discount through a "Special Condition" status
B) Check eligibility and citizenship requirements
• 2: Submit an application online
• 3: Submit supporting documents
• 4: Follow fingerprinting instructions
• 5: Find a Texas Certified Instructor
Out-of-State, Non-Texas resident: Per Texas Government Code §411.173, legal residents of another state or persons who relocate to Texas with the intent to establish residency may obtain an LTC. Those individuals must submit an application, pay the required fees, successfully complete the required training in Texas and submit all supporting documents. They also must submit form LTC-6, two passport style photos and a copy of their out of state driver license or state issued identification card. Note, however, that all LTC applicants must be legal residents of Texas or another state.
Notice of Applicant Lawful Presence
According to 18 U.S.C. §922(g)(5)(b), it shall be unlawful for any person who, being an alien except as provided by subsection (y)(2), has been admitted to the United States under a non-immigrant visa (as that term is defined in Section 101(a)(26) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101 (a)(26)) to receive, possess, or transport any firearm or ammunition.
Therefore, if the place of birth listed on your application is outside the United States, it will be necessary to submit a valid (unexpired) and legible, front and back copy of the following required document(s):
1. CertificateofU.S.Citizenship(FormN-560orN-561):Issuedonlytoindividualswho obtained U.S. citizenship either by action of law while residing in the United States or by having been born outside the United States to U.S. citizens; or
Certificate of U.S. Naturalization (Form N-550 or N-570): Issued as proof of a person having obtained U.S. citizenship through naturalization, which is the legal process of obtaining a new nationality.
2. U.S.PermanentResidentAlienCard/ResidentAlienCard(FormI-551):Identification card attesting to the official immigration or permanent resident status (Lawful Permanent Residency) of an alien in the United States.
3. UnitedStatesPassport:IssuedbytheUnitedStatesDepartmentofState,thiscertifies as an individual’s identity and U.S. citizenship.
4. IfaNon-ImmigrantAlien,analienintheUnitedStatesinanon-immigrantstatus,please provide a U.S. Visa, I-94 Arrival/Departure Record and a hunting License. The definition of a non-immigrant alien includes, in large part, persons traveling temporarily in the United States for pleasure or business, persons studying in the United States who maintain a residence abroad, and certain foreign workers. This does not include permanent resident aliens.
LTC-40 (Rev. 7/17)
1. I have a Texas License to Carry a Handgun (LTC). Does this allow me to carry my handgun in another state?
If there is a reciprocity agreement with Texas, then you may be eligible to carry a handgun in the other state. A reciprocal agreement does not automatically authorize a Texas license holder to carry in another state. It is important to review the agreement for specific details or limitations. Reciprocal agreements and unilateral proclamations can be found on our website at: Reciprocity chart.
2. If I have a Texas License to Carry a Handgun (LTC) and I am traveling to another state with a reciprocal agreement, what are my responsibilities?
If you are in a state that has reciprocity with Texas, you must follow that state’s laws for carrying a handgun. The same responsibility applies to anyone from another state when traveling in Texas; they must follow Texas laws for carrying a handgun. Most states will have a website for their carry licenses or permits that specify their laws. Alternatively, you may contact the other state and ask what their laws are for carrying a handgun while in that state.
Please refer to the following links for more information:
We can increase ownership capacity through learning and licensing. Feel free to reach out with any questions on topics like:
Rely on us to exceed your expectations. If you need help with any kind of ownership support, look no further. With our LTC and LTC+ options, ask us about how we can help with:
Most successful applicants will tell you they could not have accomplished their goals without help. Our core principles as well as our simple mission shape our efforts. Find out what makes our proven approach to evolving your ownership successful. Call us today.